Sunday 12 February 2012

colourful world on a grey day







I realise I dream in colour. I realised this a long time ago. I also dream things that are quite weird. last night I dreamt I was watching a demonstration of Buddhist monks singing the Everley Brothers 'Cathy's clown' (for those who are not decrepit and ancient check it out on itunes)...The colour red predominated, plus I was looking at rolls of fabulously coloured wallpaper and an Indian market with ready made upholstered chair covers, made from sari silks (now there's a thought..). I think this must be down to the half a lager and a packet of crisps I ate last night on our infamous Saturday nights in. this involves watching something involving on the telly (so sad that Borgen has finished) with the added attraction of reading sub titles while knitting/crocheting. Perhaps it's all too much for my addled brain.

Anyway, I have mounted the latest little pic of my adorable charming ladies of a certain age with Shopping Spree. See above since I cannot figure out how to get my pictures where I want them. Plus here is a picture of our house guest Mr Darcey who takes up so much room on the sofa that I am relegated to the draughty arm chair. We cannot sit together while I knit as he attacks my wool with as much zeal as if he it was his last supper.

Also yesterday afternoon, in the gloomy murk of a winter gone on far too long I continued with my little floral embroidered shabby cards. I love the fact that this takes me back to the days when my friend and I used to sit for hours embroidering our jeans. I forget who taught me to do this but I suspect it was my Granny. I still have a tin of hers full of tiny poppers on cards (or press studs I think they are called now, and hooks and eyes and a label for genuine Manx Tweed (with the 3 legs of course). How I love the random quality of all this. It is a metaphor for my life. Sometimes it's like living on the edge of insanity - I quite like this state actually.

0 comments:

Post a Comment