Saturday 11 February 2012

little things



I have been inspired by the small, humble and far less than perfect. But sort of amusing. I have taken one of my doodly drawings and turned it into an aceo for folksy. I think when you don't think about trying too hard, then what you are supposed to achieve happens more naturally. Hence I am much happier working with scraps and bits and pieces that are recycled, chucked out etc.

I am also doing a little bit of patchwork too...

Today I was ironing a cotton shirt of my OH's. Well it was old, but the iron ripped straight through the collar and that was that. He says it's his best shirt. I think not. Now it is in my stash bag and I used it to make a little floral card with daisies. It's the softest cotton (after years of washing and my not too delicate ironing).

I have received a small cheque today for the final royalties on a book I illustrated called the Cosmic Egg timer . It is now going to be reprinted without my illustrations! Ah well. It was never going to make me rich.

Now back to the cards. I am using silk pieces and muslin snipped from a scarf from the charity shop and am embroidering. Trying to wish the little flowers into being, since this must be the greyest day ever. Roll on Green Days.

5 comments:

Vic at Blossom and Snowflakes said...

Ha ha, I like how you've used the shirt already! Waste no time before he tries to mend it eh? That's a shame your illustrations won't be in the book reprints. I hope to write and illustrate a children's book one day. Am working on it... Vic x

Annabel said...

he'll get over it - he has plenty of shirts! go for the illustrating! good luck x

Annabel said...

he'll get over it - he has plenty of shirts! go for the illustrating! good luck x

Made by Mrs Jones x said...

I love the card, Annabel, just beautiful.

Little Owls said...

Your card is beautiful, and I do like to see that someone else is rather brutal with their ironing! Recycle, recycle, recycle ......... :)

Post a Comment